The Department of Statistics at the University of Auckland invites applications for Professional Teaching Fellow/ Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor to join our team in July 2019 (or earlier by negotiation). Please note we have four distinct roles available, and are not merely searching for someone within a given range!
About the role
Successful applicants will be expected to teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in our growing Data Science programs.
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor appointments carry the expectation of supervising student-led research projects and PhDs, developing their own independent research programs, and participating in the organisation and running of the Statistics Department.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Statistics or a closely related field is desirable for Professional Teaching Fellows and required for the other positions.
- Evidence of excellent teaching, ideally at the undergraduate level, is desirable for all positions and required for the Professional Teaching Fellow.
- Experience of teaching large (>100) classes is desirable for all positions.
- The Department is particularly interested in recruiting researchers with interests in Bayesian statistics, biostatistics, data science, forensic statistics, machine learning, statistical computing, and data visualisation.
- You will be confident in using R, and other statistical computing platforms.
We do not accept applications by email. Details of how to apply can be found here:
Please feel free to contact me for any additional information.
Professor James M. Curran, FASA, FCSFS
Head of Department
Department of Statistics
Faculty of Science
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019, Auckland