We’re looking for a talented data scientist to join our AI team in Palmerston North
BioLumic (www.biolumic.com) UV technology delivers ultraviolet light to seeds and seedlings to trigger biological mechanisms that increase plant growth, vigour and yields. Our world-first technology is clean, green and GM free.
We are a dynamic, diverse, fast-growing and innovative company with global reach and solid growth potential.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist with experience in producing solutions for data science problems in resource-constrained environments, to join our AI team in Palmerston North, New Zealand. The position is full-time, permanent and reports directly to the CTO.
The person in this role will develop solutions that integrate data from multiple sensors and data sources. She or he will work with a team of algorithm, hardware and software specialists on machine learning and computer vision-based solutions.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary and relocation packages. We will provide a work visa for overseas candidates who wish to relocate to New Zealand.
- Analysing data gathered from different sources and provide insights on treatment impact
- Design and monitor data collection and storage protocols
- Review new technologies and platforms for data analysis, storage and management and incorporate them in a working environment
- Document the developed solutions and present them to colleagues and various stake holders in a clear manner
Skill Profile Requirements
- Postgrad degree in applied maths, statistics, computer science or a related field, with focus on data science and machine learning.
- At least three years of experience in a commercial environment as a data scientist or similar position
- Broad knowledge, deep understanding and practical experience in Machine Learning in general and Statistical Pattern Recognition in particular
- Solid programming skills in Python (including pandas)
- Familiarity with common statistical analysis techniques and hypothesis tests
- Experience in working with databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift)
- Ability to document and communicate requirements, design a solution, and implement and test the designed solution
- Innovative at heart, self-driven and passionate about problem solving and developing ground-breaking technologies
Familiarity with one or more of the topics below will be regarded:
- Deep Learning architectures and implementation platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch)
- Big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Scala)
Please apply via SEEK only.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Andrea – firstname.lastname@example.org