We are looking for 2 recent PhD or Master graduates (or candidates about to submit) to work for 6 months at Iris Data Science, funded by Callaghan R&D career grants (https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/student-grants/rd-career-grants).
One position is for a statistician / operations researcher to work for one of our clients on soil health / fertiliser optimisation.
The other is for a data scientist / machine learning graduate to work on one of our animal monitoring products.
Both positions will be based at the Iris Data Science office in Dunedin and be supervised by our staff.
We need someone who is eligible for the career grant:
• Be about to complete, or have recently completed, a masters or PhD degree in science, technology, engineering, design or business ie have submitted a thesis for marking (or completed course requirement for taught masters) less than 12 months ago
• Have undertaken the study at a New Zealand tertiary institution if you are not a New Zealand citizen
• Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand
• Not have been employed in the industry under a professional arrangement related to your area of study except temporary, part-time or at a tertiary organization
• Not have been previously employed at the business – unless this was short-term employment (eg over the summer break).
For more information contact
Director & Data Scientist
Iris Data Science