2-4 December 2019
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
We are pleased to announce the upcoming Statistics in Ecology and Environmental Monitoring (SEEM) 2019 Conference, to be hosted by Victoria University of Wellington from the 2nd to the 4th of December in the beautiful city of Wellington!
We welcome anyone with an interest in the application and development of statistical methods for ecological, conservation and environmental monitoring applications, including researchers (industry or academic), practitioners and students.
We have an exciting line up of plenary speakers for the main part of the conference; namely
- A/Prof Rachel Fewster (University of Auckland),
- A/Prof Res Altwegg (University of Cape Town),
- Dr Nick Golding (University of Melbourne),
- Professor Shirley Pledger (Victoria University of Wellington),
- Dr Jim Thorson (Alaska Fisheries Science Center, NOAA).
Other highlights are:
- A Special Issue of the Environmental and Ecological Statistics journal. Manuscripts derived from conference presentations (oral or poster) will be considered for publication in this special issue of the journal. All submissions will be considered, but we especially welcome articles on the application of statistical methods to data from New Zealand or Australia.
- A special half-day session headlined by the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment, Mr Simon Upton, who will talk about progress under New Zealand’s Environmental Reporting Act. There’ll also be a plenary talk by Graham McBride (NIWA).
- A poster session scheduled for the evening of Monday the 2nd of December. Please indicate on the abstract submission page if you are interested in giving a poster presentation.
Abstract submission and registration are now open. For information, please visit the conference website: http://sms.victoria.ac.nz/Events/SEEM2019/.
For any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Wellington!
Dr Nokuthaba Sibanda
Chair, SEEM 2019 Organising Committee