6 – 10 July 2020
ANZSC 2020 will be on the beautiful Gold Coast, Queensland.
The theme for the 2020 conference is
Modelling Data for a Brighter Future
Name: ANZSC 2020
Venue: Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre
Expected attendance: 400-500pax
Call for abstracts close:
31 January 2020
Early bird registration close:
27 March 2020
From 28 March 2020
Pre-conference workshops – Sunday 5th July 2020
Registrations are now open!
The Organisers of the Australian and New Zealand Statistical Conference 2020 and the Statistical Society are pleased to announce the following pre-conference workshops to be held on Sunday, 5 July 2020 at the Mantra Legends Hotel at Surfers Paradise, QLD:
- Visualisation for Data Science with Ian Westbrooke and Jennifer Brown
This workshop will help participants to understand the principles of data visualisation and how to implement those principles using the package ggplot in R
- Simplify your statistical life: Git for collaborating with yourself and others with Peter Baker
Git is currently the most popular Version Control System employed by software developers and statisticians alike.This hands-on one day tutorial will step participants through the basics of version control using Git and specific Github features.
- From machine learning to statistical modelling (Frequentist & Bayesian), via logistic regression in Autostat with Samantha Low-Choy and Clair Alston-Knox
This workshop will step you through the interpretation, advantages and shortcomings of three common paradigms: machine learning, classical statistical modelling (relying on p-values and Wald’s confidence intervals for inference); and Bayesian statistical modelling (relying on Markov chain Monte Carlo to simulate from the posterior).
- Business Skills for Business Analytics with Mark Griffin and River Paul
This workshop will step through each of the stages involved in a business analytics project.
We are currently negotiating a fifth workshop to be held on the same day:
- Gaining Skills in Biostatistical Consultancy – Details to follow.