The Purpose of the NZSA Mentoring Programme is to:
- Develop the next generation of statisticians
- Build community & broaden networks within the NZSA
- Support statisticians working on their own / in small teams
Mentoring offers a variety of benefits to both the mentor and mentee.
Benefits for mentors include:
- Connect with skills & perspectives of early career statisticians
- Develop / enhance communication & leadership skills
- Pass on skills & knowledge
- Promote opportunities in the statistical profession
- Opportunity to be a role model
Benefits for mentees include:
- Gain insights from someone with experience
- Gain new perspectives
- Encouragement & motivation
- Boost self confidence
- Identify new opportunities
- Expand your network
The programme has a Code of Conduct which all programme participants are expected to abide by. We have three code of conduct representatives to ensure that the programme can be a safe environment for everyone. If you have any concerns throughout the programme, or there is anything you’d like to discuss, feel free to contact one of the following representatives:
The NZSA Mentoring Programme was launched in March 2022.
If you have any questions, or to express interest in being involved in a future cohort of the mentoring programme, please email Lisa Thomasen.