You are now invited to submit an abstract for a presentation or poster at the International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC2020), to be held on June 22-26, 2020 in Sydney Australia. Abstracts are due by December 2, 2019. Bursaries are available to presenters from developing countries.
For details go to the conference website http://www.isec2020.org
We have an exciting and diverse scientific program planned at the interface between statistics and ecology, with plenary talks by Christl Donnelly (Imperial College, London), David Borchers (St Andrews), Di Cook (Monash), Kiona Ogle (Northern Arizona) and Mark Bravington (CSIRO), and invited sessions on reproducible science and methods for high throughput community data.
The most excellent ISEC2020 training program includes a one-day Skills Showcase on June 22, with 90-minute introductory tutorials on spatial capture-recapture, multivariate analysis, hidden Markov models, disease modelling, data visualisation and more. Pre-conference short courses:
- A statistical view of deep learning in ecology. Jennifer Hoeting (University of Colorado)
- Level-up your R package. Nick Golding and Saras Windecker (University of Melbourne)
- Spatial modelling and visualization of species distribution and disease risk using R and INLA. Paula Moraga (University of Bath)
- Multivariate modelling and joint species distribution models in ecology. Scott Foster (CSIRO), Otso Ovaskainen (University of Helsinki), Gordana Popovic and David Warton (UNSW Sydney)
- With great power comes great responsibility: Stan for modern ecological modelling. Daniel Simpson (University of Toronto) and Andrew MacDonald (Université de Montréal)
The ISEC2020 Local Organizing Committee
Follow us on:
Facebook International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC)